“Thank you for being such an amazing landlord, I will always remember my time in the house.”
Renting with us
This is an overview of what happens when you rent a property or room through The Accommodation Agents:
- You contact us with your requirements and view suitable accommodation
- To reserve a property or room you will need to pay the admin fee, this takes the property off of the market
- We will begin referencing once we have received all the details required from you and then draw up your tenancy agreement which is signed online (making it easy for you to sign at your convenience)
- In order for us to commence referencing we require ID documents, proof of income and proof of current address
- Once your deposit* and initial rent have been received, your move in date will be confirmed
- We will arrange a mutually convenient time for your move in and you will be given a full property induction along with the keys to your new home
- Should you require it we can also provide a bedding pack, a meet and greet service and out of hours check-in at an additional cost
*Your deposit will be registered with the DPS, scheme number 1773421
Useful contact numbers:
Jenny 07801 535555
Call AND text to ensure a response
Jenny 07801 535555
House Guidelines for Shared Accommodation
To ensure that all of our tenants can enjoy living in the house in harmony, we have put together some guidelines for your benefit.
- Please be respectful of your fellow house mates
- Clean the bath/ sink/ toilet after use
- After showering clean any hair from the drain area
- Dispose of shampoo bottles when empty, don't leave them in the bathroom
- Replace toilet rolls as necessary
- Wash up your dishes, dry them and put them away after use - please don't leave them on the draining board
- Empty the bins when necessary & put bins out for weekly collection, don't forget to bring the bins back in!
- Sort rubbish into general/ recycling/ glass, don't put bags in the recycling bin
- Keep the kitchen work surfaces clear - don't leave out cooking oils etc
- Wipe down kitchen work surfaces after use
- Wipe out the oven after use and wash up the baking trays every time
- No pets, birds, fish etc. allowed in the house
- Smoke inside the house, or out of the windows!
- Leave laundry hanging around in communal areas any longer than necessary and dry your laundry in your room whenever possible, ensuring you ventilate your room whilst drying clothes to prevent condensation
- Make a noise so as to disturb your house mates or neighbours
- Allow food waste, especially rice and fats, to go down the kitchen sink
To ensure the smooth running of the house, it is the joint responsibility of the tenants to:
- Replace light bulbs, batteries and fuses when needed (if you have difficulty with any of this please let us know rather than causing damage)
- Put out the rubbish on the relevant days, sorted as per the Council’s waste policy for recycling (no bags should be put in the recycling bin)
- Unblock the sinks or toilets when blocked by your waste
Any maintenance issues should be reported promptly to us, and always include a photo, so that we can arrange for the issue to be looked at and resolved as soon as possible
In an emergency please call AND text Jenny on 07801 535555. An emergency situation would usually be considered as:
- A leak that cannot be stopped and that if not stopped immediately will cause additional damage to the property. In this situation, you should immediately turn off the water at the stopcock and place a collecting pot under the leak.
- A “break in” or accident that leaves the property unsecured.
- A complete failure of electrics. Check the fuse board to ensure it hasn’t simply tripped out, also check with neighbours or telephone the electric board to ensure it’s not a general power cut.
- An electrical fire, especially if the risk of further damage is feared.
- A breakdown of the heating system at the start of a weekend or holiday period, but ONLY if there is a fear that the system may freeze.
Once you have fully vacated the property, a check out inspection will be carried out. When we receive your notice, we will send you leaving instructions which fully explain the process.
Bank Account Details:
Account name: JCM Property Management Ltd t/a The Accommodation Agents
Account number: 53678729
Sort Code: 53-50-36
Bank name: National Westminster
Bank address: 3 Lower Northam Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4PA
BIC: NWBK GB2L
IBAN: GB06 NWBK 535036 53678729